Monday, October 21, 2013

Vegan Nacho Cheese

Oh nacho cheese. How I love you. The stuff from the can? Oh yeah. I could live off of that. 
This recipe might be even better than that. Might be. Ok, it is. This recipe is way healthier, is vegan, has no wheat or gluten, and has no nuts! Yay for people with nut, wheat, and dairy allergies! 

I originally got this recipe from Vegan Yumminess and I tweaked it to my tastes. You should definitely go to her website for far superior pictures and a super cute baby. :) She said she used it to make quesadillas and grilled cheese! I will have to try that! This recipe make a lot of sauce, so you can use it for many different things.

Ingredients-
2 cups chopped and boiled potatoes (I left the skin on mine)
1 cup chopped and boiled carrots (about two large carrots)
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup water
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground mustard

Add everything to your blender and blend until smooth. You can leave the recipe like this, or you can spice it up a bit! I added soy sauce, onion powder, and chili powder. If you are planning to eat this with corn chips, you should taste it with the chips to make sure you don't over salt it.

This sauce has the consistency of real fake cheese sauce! :) It is super velvety and smooth.





 
 
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! :)
 
 
        ~ Bree
 

No comments:

Post a Comment